Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Light Posting

I'm in the process of moving so posts have been non-existant as my time and access to the web have been spotty. I'm also behind on my email so if you emailed me and I haven't gotten back, don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. I hope to have things settled in sometime next week.

In the mean time, I must note that the final shoe has dropped in the CBS Memogate story I was following back when I ran RatherBiased.com: "60 Minutes Wednesday" has been cancelled. No surprise, really, given the ratings or the controversy surrounding the show. Word has it that Dan Rather will be moving back into his old digs at the Sunday "60," but I would expect that not to last past his contract expiration in 2006.

Another article that caught my eye recently (which I found on the BCBeat blog) was an interview that Comedy Central star Dave Chappelle gave to Time magazine. I've mostly liked "Chappelle's Show" and am even more impressed with him after reading about his trip to South Africa to take a break from the non-stop hustle and bustle of showbiz and look at himself and his friends. With that kind of attitude, I expect Chappelle to stay on the scene longer than similar fly-by-night TV and pop stars.